Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can or should I bring my 8 week kitten back to see his mom and siblings for a visit?

My boyfriend's cat had a litter of six kittens 4/10/11. Since then we have given 3 away, he is keeping 2, and I am keeping one (we live seperately). I just took my little dude home this weekend and he was fine but I know he's super active and loves to play and misses his playmates. I took him back last night for a visit, and he went up to the mom cat and she pretty much ignored him so then he wound up playing though with his two brothers just like they did before. By the end when I took him home that night, the mom kind of looked sad when we took him and he whined in the car a bit (but I don't know if that's because he just didn't enjoy the car ride as he meowed on the way over as well). So there were no real problems, but I'm just wondering is it benefical or detrimental doing this? I was planning on just doing this like once or twice a week have a visit til he gets older and isn't as interested in playing. I know it's good for him to play, but is it just confusing them all? If anyone has advice, like a vet or animal rescuer that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment